While we were at the Sandhill Wildlife Refuge we did not manage to see any Sandhill Cranes, but we saw a Great Blue Heron.
Would you believe that this was only the second time I have ever seen a Green Heron?
And these are the best photos I could manage? Stupid bird kept moving away from me. *pouting* Go ahead, show me your awesome Green Herons, I promise I won’t cry.
I love getting out in nature, but I guess you guys already knew that.
What in the heck are these?
This little one was almost overlooked. As I watched I wondered what it was doing. I wonder if “she” was laying eggs. Do dragonflies lay eggs?
If you could float the world in a dragonfly body which one would you choose?
It’s funny that before I saw the world through the lens of my camera, I never noticed how many different dragonflies there are. The camera allows me to see tiny details that I would have otherwise unnoticed. To admire beauty so oft overlooked.
One shimmering gold and one dazzling red.
Forever frozen for a moment, although flighty through my eyes.
Fluttering gold dust on a blade of grass.
Wings like the web from a spider.
Or a body of coal with paper-thin translucent propellers.
Pastel shades of Easter eggs nearly the size of a hummingbird with fluttering gossamer.
Indecisive, stripes of chalk dust.
Clear with black and blue.
Or wider stripes of black fading into pale blue then clear.
Fighting, or frolicking?
Mystifying, magical, cellophane wings on a fairy body covered in pixie dust.
Psst – It’s my hubby, Dennis’, birthday today (Friday) and he’s finally caught up with me. Yeah, I married a younger man, even if he is only 6 months younger. I tell him this means that he has to listen to me cuz I’m older and wiser.
Today I’m playing ketchup, er, um . . .catch-up.
- Although our vacation has been over since the first of June, and I have all the supplies I need, I have not even started the scrapbook for it. I hope to get at least one page done today.
- I’m behind on blog reading so I hope to make the rounds.
- I want to spend a few hours playing with my grandson – he’s going on vacation this weekend and I won’t see him for a week!
- Hubby might appreciate some clean clothes, so guess I can run some laundry while I do all of the above.
- The feeders are nearly empty so I better run and get some birdseed.
- I’m only a couple of chapters from finishing my book so maybe I can get some of reading done today too. Hmmm, I do need to shave my legs, maybe I can soak in the tub, read, and shave – yeah, all at once.
- There are several folders of photos that I haven’t even looked at, so I’m thinking I better take some time to do that.
- Send out a few ‘thinking of you’ cards, make a couple ‘thinking of you’ phone calls.
- Bathe the dogs – they really need to go get their nails trimmed, maybe I can fit that in.
Sounds like I may be up all night trying to accomplish a check mark for each item.
I had so much fun with Monday’s post, reading all the comments about the various tattoos people have, some of you would never dream of getting one and some of you have a bunch, 8-10. The comment section is a pretty good read if you find my to do list too boring or unfulfilling.
The above photo was taken by my husband.
The butterflies have been out in abundance and with the exception of this first photo (taken in my yard), I saw these in the Sandhill Wildlife Refuge in Babcock, Wisconsin.
There was a stupid blade of grass in my way for this one, but it’s the only one I got so what the heck.
I’m afraid I don’t know my butterflies very well, but I thought it was neat to see this one sipping nectar.
Apparently, gravel attracts like the flowers? Or maybe he was trying to hide from me.
I’m hosting this week’s Fun Monday, welcome aboard!
I know, I know, I was the one who came up with this question thing, but boy it was hard! See, hubby suggested ‘20 Questions’ and I told him that would be too much work for the people coming over to comment, so maybe 5 would work, but wow, we have so many players that that would still be a lot of work, so I cut it down to one question.
‘Only one?’ I whine! I have a bunch of things I would like to know about my readers but since I gave the limitation of one question I guess I need to abide by my own rules. Maybe I’ll ask a question periodically until I’m all questioned out, but for today:
Question: If you were going to get a tattoo, what would you get, and would it have some significance? Feel free to tell about any tattoos you do already have. (Notice how that isn’t a second question – I’m good! *wink*)
My Answer: I have been wanting to get a tattoo for a few years and I think it would be really neat to have something small, that I could add onto each year on the anniversary of my cancer survivorship. I just can’t figure out what to get, nor where to put it. I would welcome any ideas. PS – I’m really scared it will hurt.
Since my question wouldn’t be complete without a photo, here’s my step-daughter, Marissa, and her friend showing of their tattoos. (I have shown this photo in the past). Marissa got her tattoo to honor some of her friends who have died. She’s currently very pregnant with our second grandson and I wonder what her tattoo looks like right now.
Let’s go see what everyone wants to know and try to give some answers. Or maybe we’ll get to learn about a new bird, guess we’ll find out when we get there.
- RDH Mom
- Mama Drama
- Dungarees Ablaze
- Ramblings by Reba
- Sallad Says. . .
- Hootin’ Anni’s
- AOJ and the Lurchers
- Ms Cellania
- Small Reflections
- A Florida Journal
- Beyond my Slab
- A Spot of T
- Heaven in Belgium
- Sandcastle Momma
- From the Planet of Janet
- Wisconsin Candy
- Crunchy Bits
- Nine Acres: 20 miles North of Nowhere
- The Prytz Family
- We Start and End with Family
- Karisma and Kids
- Sayre Smiles
- Are We There Yet Mom?
- Anecdotes, Antidotes and Anodes
- The Name Was Over The Door
- Mama Rhema
- The First of Six
- Summit Musings
- Return of the White Robin
- Growing Older But Not Up
- Clintonville Big Momma
- Bucket List
- Writer Cramps
- Dreaming What Ifs. . .
- Grand Life
- Jo Beaufoix
- Mommy Wizdom
- Candid Karina
- Fond of Snape (late addition)
- Single Mom Finding Herself (late addition)
- did I miss anyone?
Min, Stephanie and Margaret over at Mama Drama have eagerly volunteered to boss us around next week.
Thanx for playing!